Former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, has described his recent engagement with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) as successful.
Malami disclosed in a post on his X account early Saturday that he had been released following the meeting and has been scheduled for further engagement with the anti-graft agency.
The senior lawyer, who served under former President Muhammadu Buhari from 2015 to 2023, said the interaction followed an invitation from the EFCC concerning alleged corruption during his tenure. He described the allegations as “fabricated” and said the truth behind them would continue to unfold.
Malami emphasised his commitment to transparency, accountability, and the rule of law, noting that he had willingly honoured the EFCC invitation in line with principles he has long championed in public service.
“I am eventually released, while on an appointment for further engagement, as the truth relating to the fabricated allegations against me continues to unfold,” he wrote.
Prior to the engagement, Malami had assured Nigerians of his readiness to cooperate with the commission, stressing that he believes in honesty and integrity in leadership. He also committed to keeping the public informed about developments arising from the EFCC proceedings.
The former AGF’s statement underscores his intent to maintain transparency and accountability while responding to ongoing investigations by the anti-graft agency. No further details were provided about the nature of the discussions or the timeline for the subsequent meeting.
Malami’s engagement with the EFCC marks another step in the commission’s ongoing probe of former public officials, reflecting Nigeria’s broader efforts to strengthen accountability and the fight against corruption.









