The Theatre Command of Operation HADIN KAI has dismissed allegations contained in a viral social media video accusing the military of withholding army troops’ allowances and intimidating a soldier who complained about welfare issues.
The military described the claims as false and misleading, insisting that all legitimate entitlements due to personnel serving under the North-East counter-insurgency operation had been fully paid.
In a statement issued on Sunday by the Media Information Officer of the Theatre Command, Lieutenant Colonel Sani Uba, the Army said the video was a deliberate attempt to misinform the public and tarnish the image of the military leadership.
“The Theatre Command categorically states that the claims contained in the video are false, misleading, and a deliberate attempt to misinform the public and discredit the military command structure,” the statement read.
According to the command, there are no outstanding allowance arrears owed to troops as of May 2026.
“It is important to emphasize that all legitimate allowances due to troops under Operation HADIN KAI have been paid up to date as of May 2026, with no outstanding issues,” the statement added.
The Army explained that the payments covered Ration Cash Allowance, Operational Allowance and Habit Allowance, which are either paid directly to personnel or distributed through military units.
The command, however, clarified that the complaint referenced in the video was linked to a separate incentive package meant for troops deployed to protect a critical national asset in Tuba.
According to the statement, the allowance was distinct from regular military entitlements and depended on the availability of external funding.
The Army explained that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation initially funded the incentive before discontinuing operations in the area, after which responsibility for payment was transferred to the Borno State Government alongside similar support arrangements for other security agencies.
The command stated that the issue was brought before the General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Brigadier General Solomon Diwa, during an operational visit, where troops were assured that payment would be made once funds were released.
Operation HADIN KAI also rejected reports that the soldier featured in the video was punished or harassed over the complaint.
“The allegation that the soldier was intimidated or punished is entirely unfounded,” the statement said.
The Army further disclosed that preliminary findings suggested the video was created by a content producer allegedly known for amplifying grievances from dissatisfied individuals within the system.
The command warned that the circulation of such content violated the military’s social media policy and noted that disciplinary actions could be taken against offenders.
It reaffirmed its commitment to troop welfare and stated that mechanisms had been put in place to ensure prompt payment of entitlements through collaboration with relevant authorities and funding partners.
The Theatre Command also urged members of the public and media organisations to verify information before sharing it, warning that misinformation could negatively affect troop morale and ongoing military operations in the North-East.
It added that Operation HADIN KAI remains committed to restoring peace, stability and professionalism in the region’s counter-insurgency operations.









